Gym time can be effective or the biggest waste of your time ever. With all the hard work you’re doing with the healthy eating, it helps to have a little (more like big) helping hand in dropping some more pounds. Below I have created some key points to keep your workouts moving you towards the body you want.
1. Compound Movements – In picking your exercises, you will want to select exercises that involve multiple muscles and joints in the movement. These types of exercises will maximize your time by burning more calories per rep than an exercise that only focuses on one muscle. For example instead of doing leg extensions do squats. Your glutes will thank you for it.
2. Interval Training – When it comes to cardio this will not only help the fat melt off but will keep you more engaged than running on a hamster wheel. There are many different ways to incorporate an interval program anything from a 1 minute high intensity to a 1 minute low, to a 1 minute high intensity to a 2 minute low intensity. Key point here is to try to exercise 30sec-1min. of a high intensity (around a 8-10 on a scale of 1-10) and a low intensity for 1-3mins. (around 3-5 on a scale of 1-10). Find a good starting point for you and then gradually increase the intensity.
Article source : – exercise tips.
3. Mixing It Up – The body is a machine, it does not think, it only responds. It views workouts as a stressor and wants to make whatever demand placed on it easier. This is why if you stick with the same routine you will eventually plateau, because whatever routine you did your body has become efficient at doing it and no longer needs to adapt or change the way you want it to. Change it up to keep your body guessing and from you getting bored. It’s a win-win!
4. Intensity – In order to get the physique you want you must train at an intensity that stimulates the body to change. Going into the gym and not challenging yourself will get you the same body you’ve been living with. Each time you go to the gym aim for a new personal best, it doesn’t need to be earth shattering, just keeping moving forward. Incorporate these tried and proven tips to increase your intensity. Take a class; the communal experience pushes you to workout harder than you would by yourself. Listening to upbeat music has also been proven to incite you to grind out those extra few reps and work a little harder. Some pump up the jam!
5. Duration – Your mission should you choose to accept it, is to go in and workout. Not chitchat, not lollygag, and by no means sit on the equipment doing nothing. Your workouts should not last longer than an hour for maximal results. If you’re working out longer than an hour then you need to revaluate your workout.
There you have it, five tips you can use immediately on your next trip to the gym. Implementing the above tidbits will help you make giant steps toward your goals and a lot happier with your new-found results.